Support clamps and hangers can help keep your pipes in place so that they don’t shift around or break. They can also help you hang various items from the pipes, such as ceiling fans, light fixtures, and other household appliances.
When working on a structure, it’s essential to have the right pipe supports available. These pipe supports help keep your pipe firmly in place while you work. If you’re working on a job that requires precision, it’s best to have support as well as stability.
The right pipe support will ease that pressure and make sure that the pipe doesn’t shift its position while you work on it. That way, once you’re done with your work and ready to move on, everything will be in the same place again. With so many types of pipe supports available at different prices, figuring out what type of support is ideal for your needs can be tricky. You don’t want to waste money or time with something that won’t get the job done. Here are some buying tips to help you find the right pipe support for your project
Pipe Support Types to Consider
When you’re buying pipe supports, it’s helpful to know what types of support are available to you. The following are the most common types of pipe supports:
- Pipe Saddle Supports – Saddle pipe supports are typically made from aluminum and have an “S” shape. Saddle supports are designed for smooth round pipes such as gas pipes.
- Pipe Stands – Pipe stands are used to support, vertically or horizontally, straight and pressurized pipe. Pipe stands are mostly made of aluminum and are often used along with pipe saddles to support different pipe lengths.
- Pipe Hangers – Pipe hangers are used to suspend pipes from ceilings or walls. They can be made from galvanized steel, aluminum, stainless steel, or other materials.
- Pipe Clamps – Pipe clamps are used to hold pipes in place while they’re under pressure. They’re typically made of stainless steel, zinc, or other high-temperature alloys.
Pipe Support Brackets
These are the most common type of pipe supports available. They’re typically made of aluminum and are designed to be fastened to a wooden, metal, or steel frame. Pipe brackets come in a variety of shapes and sizes, allowing you to get the most out of your investment. Some pipe support brackets can be mounted on the ceiling, and others can be used to support overhead pipes. Pipe brackets are also available that can accommodate both round and square pipes.
Pipe Support Hangers
Hangers are designed for use with pipe saddles and pipe stands. They’re made of strong steel and are mounted on a wall or ceiling. Hangers allow you to suspend pipes from ceilings or walls without using screws or drilling into the structure. Hangers are available in a variety of shapes, sizes, and materials. You can find hangers that are designed to fit round pipes, square pipes, and even rectangular tubing.
Pipe Saddle Supports
Saddle pipe supports are typically made of aluminum and have a saddle shape. They’re typically used to support pressurized or very long piping systems, such as natural gas pipes. Saddle pipe supports come in a variety of sizes and materials. They’re designed with a base that’s screwed to a concrete foundation. Since they’re made of aluminum, they’re relatively lightweight, which makes them easy to move around the job site.
These are the most common type of pipe supports available. Pipe stands are typically made of steel and designed to hold pipe vertically or horizontally. They come in a variety of sizes and materials, allowing you to find one that matches your pipes’ weight. Pipe stands are designed to withstand heavy loads. Aluminum pipe stands are the most popular, but you can also find pipe stands made from stainless steel, zinc, and other high-temperature alloys.
These clamps attach to threaded pipes, such as those found in a water distribution system or a gas system. You can use pneumatic clamps to hold straps, hoses, or anything else that you attach to the pipes.
Pneumatic clamps are used mostly in commercial settings, but you can find them in plumbing supply stores. Pneumatic clamps work by inflating a plastic bladder whenever the pipe is compressed. This causes the clamp to open. You usually need to keep pumping air into the clamp until it stops, but it can operate continuously if you want.
The best part of pneumatic clamps is that they’re not very expensive. They’re not the most durable clamp, either. They’re often used to hold straps, but they don’t have a good grip on threaded pipes.
These are the most common clamp for home plumbing. They have a 90-degree bend at one end of the clamp, allowing you to get a good seal on pipes. Elbow clamps also come in different sizes, so you can choose the one most appropriate for your application. In most cases, you can attach these clamps to PVC, CPVC, and ABS piping. Elbow clamps are probably the simplest pipe support to use.
They’re easy to operate, and you can attach just about anything to them. You can also use elbow clamps to hang things since they have a broad grip. Another reason people use them is that they’re inexpensive. The main drawback of elbow clamps is that they don’t hold pipes very securely. They can also be damaged easily if they fall off the pipes.
Vertical Pipe Support
Vertical pipe supports are used to hang objects from the ceiling. To use one of these, you’ll need to first attach a rope or chain from the ceiling to a pipe below the object you’d like to hang. Then, use a pipe hanger to hang the object from the pipe. This type of pipe support is especially useful for hanging light fixtures and other appliances.
There are many types of vertical pipe supports, including chain, wire, and rail systems. Chain systems are the most common, and they’re affixed to the ceiling with a clip. You can also buy chains that have a ratchet mechanism, so they automatically adjust to whatever height you set them at.
Wire and rail systems are similar, but they’re connected to a track on the ceiling. You can change the track’s position, allowing you to easily position the object that’s hanging from the support. These systems are usually more expensive than chain systems.
These wraps come in several different shapes and sizes, so you can find one that’s most appropriate for your situation. They typically come as a set of five wraps, and each one is designed for a specific purpose. Some common purposes are to connect two pipes, to create a liquid barrier, or to hold a pipe in place.
Slip-on wraps are often more expensive than other types of pipe supports. They’re also not very versatile, since they’re designed for a specific purpose. You can’t use them to hold pipes in place or to connect pipes. The best part about them is their versatility. They can be used for a variety of purposes, depending on the shape and size of the wrap.
Guard hangers are more secure than other types of pipe supports, such as slip-on wraps, chain systems, and rail systems. They’re often used in public locations, such as schools and airports. The best part about them is their security; they have an extra rubber band around the middle, keeping them from falling off the pipes.
Another reason people prefer guard hangers is that they have a wide grip range. You can place them just about anywhere along the pipe, from just below the surface to about 3/4 down. This means you can use a guard hanger on a fairly wide variety of pipes. The main drawback of guard hangers is that they’re the most expensive type of pipe support.
Tips for Buying the Best Pipe Support
There are many types of clamps and hangers available for use, and choosing the right one can be confusing. Here are a few helpful tips that can help you choose the best clamp or hanger for your needs:
- Look for pipe supports that are made of durable material. Clamps that are too flimsy or cheap could break under pressure.
- Remember that pipe supports are designed for specific purposes. If you’re not sure what you need, consult with a knowledgeable professional, such as a certified plumber. They can help you choose the best clamp or hanger for your situation.
- Keep in mind that pipe supports come in different shapes and sizes. Depending on the situation, you might need to buy one that’s not very big or sturdy, but suitable for use.
- Don’t forget that not all pipe supports are created equal. Make sure you buy pipe support that can withstand pressure and can hold the load you need it to.
- Don’t forget about pipe guards. Pipe guards can help protect pipes from damage and can help you choose the best pipe support for your needs.
- Always test-drive pipe support before using it. If the pipe support is too stiff or too weak, you don’t want to risk causing damage to your pipes.
- Know the difference between pipe supports and pipe hangers. Hangers are designed to hold objects, while supports are designed to hold pipes.
- Keep your pipes free and clear of debris. If pipes are blocked, they could be susceptible to damage.
- Look for pipe supports with good reviews are more likely to hold up to pressure.
- Remember that pipe supports are not a permanent solution. To keep your pipes secure, you need to keep them from falling or being damaged.
What is a Pipe spool?
A pipe spool also called a coil, is a length of steel pipe that’s been cut into several pieces and rolled onto itself. They’re typically used for small diameter pipe that needs to be transported over long distances, such as the piping used to deliver oil and natural gas. Like other pipe supports, spools are available in a variety of sizes and materials. They come in both single-wall and multi-wall styles.
Pipe hangers are designed to support horizontal piping systems above the ground. They’re typically made from steel, but you can also find them made from stainless steel, aluminum, or other non-ferrous metals. Pipe hangers come in a variety of shapes and sizes based on the type of piping they support.
Pipe spool fabrication is a common method used to produce pipe hangers. Pipe hangers are designed to support horizontal piping systems above the ground. They’re typically made from steel, but you can also find them made from stainless steel, aluminum, or other non-ferrous metals. Pipe hangers come in a variety of shapes and sizes based on the type of piping they support.
High-Quality Engineering & Procurement
YENA Engineering provides a range of piping system solutions including project management, manufacturing, and transportation from beginning to end with ASME and EN standards. We provide pipe spools made from carbon steel, alloy steel, and stainless steel for energy, oil, gas and chemical industries.
Also, YENA Engineering has been providing high-quality products and exceptional customer service to our clients. Our goal is to achieve 100% customer satisfaction through our commitment to quality, on-time delivery, competitive pricing, and experienced staff.